Formal Logic I
Instructor: Scott Weinstein
- MW 10:00-11:00, COHEN 402
- For students with last initial A-G, F 10:00-11:00, COHEN 392, led by Joel McCarthy
- For students with last initial H-Q, F 10:00-11:00, COHEN 402, led by Harold Parker
- For students with last initial R-Z, F 10:00-11:00, DRLB 4C4, led by Grace Zhang
- Office Hours: T 6:00-8:00 p.m. Location: WILLIAMS 302
- Office Hours: R 6:00-8:00 p.m. Location: COHEN 401
- Office Hours: W 4:00-6:00 p.m. Location: WILLIAMS 216
Hackett, 2003, ISBN 0872206602
We plan to cover sections 1-41 of the text. Lecture notes for additional topics will be distributed from time to time.
Course Requirements and Grades
There will be nine problem sets with due dates specified in the Calendar linked below,
examinations in class on Monday, February 15 and Monday, March 28, and a
final examination on Monday, May 2, 12:00-2:00 pm. 10% of the final grade will be based participation in the problem sessions, 20% on the problem sets, 40% on the exams in class, and 30% on the final exam.
Problem Sets and Practice Examinations
A complete collection of problem sets and practice examinations for Spring Term, 2014 may be found at here.