Formal Logic I
Instructor: Scott Weinstein
- MW 10:00-11:00, COHEN 402
- For students with last initial A-G, F 10:00-11:00, COHEN 204, led by Joel McCarthy
- For students with last initial H-Pa, F 10:00-11:00, COHEN 237, led by Owain West
- For students with last initial Pe-Z, F 10:00-11:00, COHEN 402, led by Grace Zhang
- Office Hours: R 6:00-8:00 p.m. Location: WILLIAMS 217
- Office Hours: W 4:30-6:30 p.m. Location: HARRISON 103
- Office Hours: T 6:30-8:30 p.m. Location: WILLIAMS 27
Hackett, 2003, ISBN 0872206602
We plan to cover sections 1-41 of the text.
Course Requirements and Grades
There will be nine problem sets with due dates specified in the Calendar linked below,
examinations in class on Monday, February 13 and Monday, March 27, and a
final examination on Monday, May 8, 12:00-2:00 pm. 10% of the final grade will be based participation in the problem sessions, 20% on the problem sets, 40% on the exams in class, and 30% on the final exam. Collaboration on problem sets is encouraged. Conduct during examinations is governed by strict adherence to the University of Pennsylvania's Code of Acdemic Integrity.
A complete collection of memoirs, problem sets, and practice examinations for Spring Term, 2016 may be found here.
Problem Sets and Practice Examinations