Computer Science (CSCI) Minor
Non-computer science students can minor in Computer Science. The requirement for the CSCI minor is 6 course units (cu) which includes:
- CIS 110 - Introduction to Computer Programming
- CIS 120 - Programming Languages and Techniques I
- CIS 121 - Programming Languages and Techniques II
- CIS 160 - Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Any CIS Engineering Elective**
- Any CIS Engineering Elective 200 level and above**
Please Note: CIS 110 may be included ONLY if it was taken before taking CIS 120.
**A CIS Elective is any CIS or NETS engineering course.
The Engineering Undergraduate Handbook defines all CIS and NETS classes numbered 1XX-5XX to be engineering courses, with the following exceptions: CIS 100, 101, 106, 125, 160, and 261. These courses do not count as CIS engineering classes. Additionally, the following course may be used to satisfy a CIS Elective requirement: ESE 350.
For further clarification, see the Undergraduate Student Handbook.