Master of Science in Engineering in Computer & Information Science (CIS/MSE)
The CIS/ MSE program offers scholars the opportunity for advanced study in the scientific foundations of the rapidly growing field of computer science. Applicants to the MSE program should have strong undergraduate training in mathematics and computer science; prior coursework should include such areas as operating systems, programming languages, data structures, discrete mathematics, linear algebra, algorithms and theory.
Candidates who do not have an undergraduate major in computer science should consider applying to the Master of Computer and Information Technology program (MCIT). .
CIS/MSE students can pursue many areas within their curriculum, including AI, databases, security, programming languages, etc. The CIS Graduate Program prepares our students to be tomorrow's innovators, leaders, and visionaries. Our MSE graduates have obtained a wide range of positions in industry and continued in doctoral studies. Here's a sample:
- Senior Programmer/Analyst, Computational Biology & Informatics Laboratory, University of Pennsylvania
- Software Development Engineer, Microsoft
- Researcher, Lincoln Laboratory, MIT
- Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
- Researcher, School of Medicine/Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Student, Computer & Information Science, University of Pennsylvania
- Doctoral Student, Computer Science, Brown University,
- Doctoral Student, Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- A more extensive list can be found here.