[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Types Forum Moderator

[------ The Types Forum ------- http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~types ------]

After four years of acting as moderator of the Types Forum,
I am handing on the task to Benjamin Pierce.

	Send submissions to:
		types@cs.indiana.edu
	Send requests to subscribe or unsubscribe to:
		types-request@cs.indiana.edu
	Send personal messages to:
		pierce@cs.indiana.edu

The policy of the Types Forum is set out below.

This handover coincides with a change in my life.  I'm leaving Glasgow
to take up a position at Bell Labs.  I will be working with the Unix
and SML groups, aiding the progress of typed lambda calculus from
academic theory to industrial practice.  My new address is below.

While I won't be moderating Types, I will still be reading it.  My
best wishes to Benjamin, and my thanks to you all for your postings,
past and future.  Happy typing!  -- P

		  NEW ADDRESS AS OF 18 NOVEMBER 1996
Philip Wadler                             wadler@research.bell-labs.com
c/o Judy Paone                http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/wadler/
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies          office: +1 908 582 4004
700 Mountain Ave, Room 2C-579                      fax: +1 908 582 5857
Murray Hill, NJ 07974-0636  USA

			   THE TYPES FORUM

TYPES is a moderated e-mail forum focusing on Type Theory in Computer
Science, with a broad view of the subject encompassing semantical,
categorical, operational, and proof theoretical topics.  Typical
topics include:

	Typed, untyped, or polymorphic lambda calculus; type checking,
	inference, and reconstruction; dependent types, calculus of
	constructions, the lambda cube; linear logic, the Curry-Howard
	correspondence; recursive types; adequate and fully abstract
	models; domain theory; category theory; term reduction, strong
	normalization, confluence; abstract data types, type systems
	for object-oriented programming.

Comments and criticisms of results in the literature, open problems,
and research queries are encouraged.  Announcements of relevant
meetings, publications, and abstracts of papers are also welcome.

Please send submissions to <types@cs.indiana.edu>, and requests to

Please include an informative subject line with your message.  To
announce a paper, the subject line should state the subject of the
paper rather than `New paper'.

Conference announcements of a general nature should not be sent to the
Types Forum.  The usual criterion for deciding relevance is that the
announcement should mention one or more subjects in the list above.
General announcements might be sent to, or read from, the following.

The Fraunhofer Institute's conference announcements index
covers a variety of topics, including computer science,
with subsections on logic and programming languages.
It is located at <http://www.iao.fhg.de/Library/conferences>.

Theory-A is the Theory Net events list.  Send announcements or
requests to subscribe to <theory-a@vm1.nodak.edu>.

The Type Forum was originated by Albert Meyer, its second
moderator was Philip Wadler, and it is currently moderated
by Benjamin Pierce.  It incorporates the Linear Logic mailing
list, moderated by Patrick Lincoln.

-- Benjamin Pierce, moderator, Types Forum