[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Generating plans im linear logic

The increasing interest for applications of linear logic
motivates the present announcement of our own works on
"Planification  and Linear Logic".
These works - performed before the beginning of the current
mailing list - have been largely diffused (in Europ and in the
world) since 1990, especially at the German Congress on Artificial
Intelligence (GWAI'91), workshop Logic and Change.

Up to 1989, several attempts in the relation between logic
and the changes involved in reasoning and specifically in
plan generation, have been made, either by embedding actions
into a classical framework or by using non-standard formalisms.
We have thought that these attempts, though promising, missed
their objectives, for a want of a suitable logic.
We have shown how to obtain a strong and clean correspondence
between proofs and sequences of actions only by using linear
logic. A theorem is presented which expresses the new adequacy
between proofs and actions.
After the proof theoretical study, M. Masseron has proposed
a new characterization of actions, in the spirit of proof-nets
in the conjunctive case. The work on the disjunctive case
has also be treated : a preliminary version has been diffused
since 1991 ; an achieved version will be presented at the
ESPRIT workshop "Logic and Change" at Lisboa (january 1993).

M. Masseron, C. Tollu, J. Vauzeilles