[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

technical report available

Date:    Wed, 28 Jun 89 14:59:36 BST

Just an advert for TR171 "Some types with inclusion properties in ! -> mu" I
have twenty copies that I can send to any interested academics if they tell me
their postal addresses.  Non-acadamics probably should buy them.

Abstract:

This paper concerns the  $\forall, \ra, \mu$ type system used in the
non-strict functional programming language Ponder.  While the type system is
akin to the types of Second Order Lambda-calculus, the absence of type
application makes it possible to construct types with useful inclusion
relationships between them.

To illustrate this, the paper contains definitions of a natural numbers
type with many definable subtypes, and of a record type with inheritance.

------
The paper is identical (apart from reproduction quality) to the one I handed
out to WG2.8, so members of that have already got copies.

Jon