[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Semantics using ML

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 89 22:22:16 -0400

I used ML as a semantic specification language for my PLT course.  It
worked quite well.  Semantic equations for Mike Gordon's Tiny and
Small are not difficult to write in ML and further extensions can be
assigned as exercises.  Allison's book "A practical introduction to
denotational semantics" could also be a usable source.  There is a
full ML denotational specification of a little Pascal-like language in
Huet's CMU lecture notes as well.

It would be handy to have exercises of this kind that made use of the
new Standard ML of New Jersey parser generator.

carl gunter