[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Semantics using ML

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 89 16:03:21 EDT

I am thinking about using ML in my "programming language theory"
course next fall to teach denotational semantics. Roughly, I am
tentatively planning to have students write semantic domains as
datatype definitions, semantic clauses as recursive functions
(pattern matching on constructors), and provide realistic program
syntac using the "yacc" feature. (This would follow an introduction
to typed lambda calculus and models; I don't want to give the idea
that denotational semantics is just a style of ML programming.)

Since this is such an obvious idea, I was wondering if anyone
had tried this before, and had any advice or software to
"share" (as they say out here in CA).

John