[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Papers on a theory of objects

We would like to announce a web page collecting our recent papers on a
theory of objects:

http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/personal/Luca_Cardelli/TheoryOfObjects.html

Object calculi are formalisms at the same level of abstraction as lambda
calculi, but based exclusively on objects rather than functions. Unlike
lambda calculi, object calculi are designed specifically for clarifying
features of object-oriented languages. There is a wide spectrum of relevant
object calculi, just as there is a wide spectrum of lambda calculi. We
investigate untyped, simply-typed, and polymorphic calculi, with both
functional and imperative semantics.

Comments are welcome.

    Martin Abadi and Luca Cardelli

 Luca Cardelli, Digital SRC, 130 Lytton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA.
 Tel: (415) 853 2110. Fax: (415) 853 2104. Email: luca@src.dec.com.
 Web: http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/personal/Luca_Cardelli/home.html.