[Prev][Next][Index]

[xtag-meeting]: Talk, Monday 1pm, IRCS fishbowl: "Grammar induction in the NEGRA project"

"Grammar induction in the NEGRA project"

Geert-Jan Kruijff
Computational Linguistics, Saarland University
Saarbruecken, Germany
<gj@coli.uni-sb.de>

ABSTRACT:

The talk provides a brief introduction to the ideas behind an approach to
grammar induction we are working on in the context of the recently started
NEGRA EM6 project (Saarland University). The goal is to construct an
approach that enables us to induce grammars for languages with various
degrees of word order freedom, ranging from English (fixed) over Dutch,
German (mixed) to Czech (free).

Besides discussing the approach, the talk also introduces the NEGRA EM6
project itself -- the results it builts forth on, and the goals we would
like to reach.