[Prev][Next][Index]

[xtag-meeting]: 10:30am Thursday Dec 6th

Xtag meeting
10:30am Thursday Dec 6th
IRCS Fishbowl

This week we will continue discussion of the paper we
started reading last time. Last week's meeting blurb
is included below:

A Minimalist Implementation of Verb Subcategorization
 Sourabh Niyogi

Here is a link to the parser and associated paper:

http://web.mit.edu/niyogi/www/minimal.htm

If you can, you should download the parser and look at the
verbs in the lexicon and associated semantics.

If you feel you need some background reading, here are
a couple of papers that you can skim through to understand
some of the formal details in the above paper. This is
not essential to understanding the paper.

Edward Stabler (1997) Derivational minimalism.
Revised version appears in Retoré, ed. Logical Aspects of Computational
Linguistics. Springer, 1997, pages 68-95.
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/people/stabler/eps-lacl.pdf

Ken Hale and Samuel Jay Keyser. On argument structure and the lexical
expression of syntactic relations. In Hale and Keyser (eds.) The View from
Building 20: A Festschrift for Sylvain Bromberger. Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press
1993. Pp. 53-108.

-Anoop