[Prev][Next][Index]

XTAG meeting on Thursday, Sept 14th

Hi all,
as promised, we are resuming the XTAG meetings this week.

PLEASE NOTE that we will be meeting in the LARGE CONFERENCE ROOM from now
on (unless otherwise notified).

----------------------------
TOPIC
-----

We want to discuss some semantic issues returning to the topic
that we had started last semester. In particular, we will do
the following:

1. Summarize some issues from the meetings last semester.

2. Discuss the motivation for implementing semantics. Is it worthwhile
and what precise benefits will it give us. If you have an opinion about
this, please come prepared to talk about your ideas.

3. Discuss issues about a small corpus and a sub-grammar which will
make the task of assigning semantics to elementary trees easier.

see you on Thursday,
Rashmi