|CIT597 Quiz 5 (Servlets)
Please keep all answers short and to the point. Read each question and answer
it; don't add information that wasn't asked for.
- (10 points) List two important differences between servlets and CGI scripts.
- In an HttpServlet ,
- (8 points) What are the names of the two methods you are most
likely to override?
- (4 points) What are the parameter types required by these two methods?
- (12 points) Each servlet has three names. Briefly, what are those names?
- (5 points) Tomcat requires the Deployment Descriptor file to have a certain
name. What is that name?
- (12 points) If you don't use Java's Session Tracking API, list the three
techniques you can use to keep track of a session ID.
- (5 points) What session tracking technique does Java's Session Tracking
API use when starting a new session?
- (6 points) When using Java's Session Tracking
API, how do you get a session? Specify both the object that you ask
for the session and the message you send to it.
- (12 points) Tell what goes inside each of the following JSP constructs.
- (9 points) Name the three scopes that can be accessed by a servlet.
- (4 points) What is the distinction between a parameter and an attribute?
- (4 points) In what object does the servlet communicate its results to
- (3 points) Name one place that a servlet can keep information that is thread-safe.
- (6 points) In class I listed three advantages of using MVC. Mention two of them.