Machine Learning and Natural Language
Wednesday 8:30 - 10:45,
- (01/17/2016) Welcome to CS546
- (01/17/2016) CS546 this semester will be a lecture/seminar/projects class devoted to Structured Prediction and its application in NLP problems.
- (01/17/2016) The first meeting of the class is on Wednesday, 1/20/16, 1304 Siebel Center.
- (01/23/2016) Homework 0 has been released. It can be found here. It is due on 1/23/16 at 11:59 pm.
The class will be based mostly on papers that will be made available. The books are mentioned only for background reading
- Daniel Jurafsky and James H. Martin, Speech and Language Processing
, 2nd Edition, 2008
- Christopher D. Manning and Hinrich Schutze, Foundations of Statistical
Natural Language Processing , MIT Press 1999
- Eugene Charniak, Statistical Language Learning, MIT Press 1993
- Frederick Jelinek, Statistical Methods for Speech Recognition,
MIT Press 1998
- Steve Young and G. Bloothooft (Eds), Corpus-Based Methods in Language
and Speech Processing, Kluwer
- James Allen, Natural Language Understanding, Addison-Wesley