Dan’s Course on Machine Learning at Illinois CS446
Useful if you want to refresh your understanding of a first course in ML.
The class will be based mostly on papers that will be made available. The books are mentioned only for background reading.
- Daniel Jurafsky and James H. Martin, Speech and Language Processing , 2nd Edition, 2008
- Christopher D. Manning and Hinrich Schutze, Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing , MIT Press 1999
- Eugene Charniak, Statistical Language Learning, MIT Press 1993
- Frederick Jelinek, Statistical Methods for Speech Recognition, MIT Press 1998
- Steve Young and G. Bloothooft (Eds), Corpus-Based Methods in Language and Speech Processing, Kluwer
- James Allen, Natural Language Understanding, Addison-Wesley
- Linguistic Structure Prediction by Noah A. Smith. Electronic Version available here.
- Natural Language Processing papers at the ACL anthology.
Recent Tutorials on Structured Prediction in NLP