CIS 350 Software Engineering - Spring 2012
Intro to Android Programming
These labs are designed to get you familiar with the Android programming environment and the API.
You may want to refer to these documents for general help:
You may collaborate with other students on these assignments; however, you will get a lot more out of the experience if you do the work yourself. All students, whether they worked alone or with someone else, must submit the Eclipse projects for all three exercises by Thursday, Feb 16, at 1:30pm (instructions are below).
Lab #1: Thursday, Feb 2
Go through the simple tutorial first (it's very easy) before beginning exercise #1. If you do not finish
exercises #1 and 2 during the lab time, try to finish them before the second lab, when you should start working on exercise #3.
Lab #2: Tuesday, Feb 7
Submitting your work
As mentioned above, all students must submit the Eclipse projects for all three exercises, regardless of whether they worked alone or with someone else.
To submit your work:
- Find the location of your Eclipse workspace, and then zip and/or tar each of the three Eclipse projects (button clicks, typing game, and 2d shapes). Give each zip/tar file a meaningful name so that the TA knows which is which.
- Log into Blackboard
- Open your course (CIS 350).
- In the main menu on the left-hand side, click "Assignments".
- Click on the "Android apps" assignment.
- In Section #2, "Assignment Materials", you may leave the "Submission" (the text area at the top) blank, as your submission will consist of files that you will upload.
- Below the textbox, next to the label "Attach File", click the "Browse My Computer" button. After you choose the file, you should see it listed under the label "Attached files" (i.e., it should be uploaded automatically when you select it).
- Repeat this for all three zip/tar files
- After uploading all three files, click the "Submit" button.
You may submit multiple times, but only the last submission will be graded.
These are due at 1:30pm on Thursday, February 16. Submissions after the deadline are subject to a 10% per day penalty, up to seven days, after which the submission will not be accepted.