[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EXPONENTIAL

            On a possible errata corrige ??

In his survey paper , in "Advances in Linear Logic" (Ed.Girard-Lafont-
Regnier), page 24, Girard semplifies the phase semantic for ! as follows:

       !X is the double linear negation of (X intersection I),
       where  "I is the set of idempotents of M which belong to 1".

       This would force uniqueness of !,does it ?
       So one should say that " I is a set of idempotents belonging to 1 and
       closed under product."

       If I am right, then this may remind the latin motto
            Aliquando dormitat et bonus Homerus

 Aldo Ursini,
      Universita' di Siena
      Dipartimento di Matematica
      Via del Capitano 15
53100 Siena - Italy

   ph: OPERATOR : 577-263111 ;  DIRECT : 577-263754
  fax: 577-263730
email: ursini@unisi.it