[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

job announcement

UNIVERSITY OF OREGON: FACULTY POSITION

The Department of Computer and Information Science invites applications for
at least one tenure track faculty position.   Candidates from all areas of
Computer Science will be considered; however, we are particularly
interested in the areas of programming languages, computational science,
and software systems. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in computer science
and a strong commitment to both research and teaching. We offer an
excellent research environment.  The department has major research
strengths and funding in the areas of human/machine interfaces, parallel
programming languages and environments, software engineering, computational
science, distributed operating  systems, electronic media, graphics,
declarative languages, and the theory of computation. The department is
associated with the NSF-funded Software Engineering Research Center (SERC)
and the Computational Intelligence Research Laboratory (CIRL).
Instructional laboratories consist of UNIX-based workstations and computer
servers.  Research facilities include special equipment for user-interface
design, graphics, and parallel processing. A new computational science
laboratory will house multiple parallel computers with high-performance
graphics hardware.

The University of Oregon is located in Eugene, a community rated among the
most livable in the nation. Qualified candidates should send their
curriculum vitae and the names of at least four references to: Faculty
Search Committee, Computer and Information Science, University of Oregon,
Eugene, OR, 97403-1202; or send email: faculty.search@cs.uoregon.edu.  For
full consideration, applications should be received by 3/1/95,  but we will
continue to accept applications until the position is filled. The
University of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act.