[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Plotkin course notes available from MIT and some found problems.

Date: Wed, 22 Jul 92 00:41:23 JST

Dear Colleagues,

Dr. David Wald kindly made efforts to support ftp the Plotkin's
TeX-ed course notes from MIT.   We would like to thank his efforts.

Also a German site and a Japanese site proposed to support ftp.
They will be a benefit for communities in Europe and Japan.
We can expect their announcements.

And I would like to notify a problem (except for the paper size
I used which is common in Japan/Europe but not in US; this problem
is also solved by Dr. Wald as you will see below):

If you have some troubles with circle10/circlew10 fonts,
please symbolically link these to lcircle10/lcirclew10.
(Perhaps our TeX environment is not so updated and
this problem was kindly told by Dr. Kikuchi in Japan.)

Attached is the letter from Dr. Wald about the service from MIT.

Hidetaka Kondoh

-- from Dr. David Wald,

Here is the Index file from the directory:

This file, Index, contains an index for the files available from
theory.lcs.mit.edu in the directory /pub/ftp/pub/papers/Plotkin.  To
request one of these files from the mail server, send mail to the
address archive-server@theory.lcs.mit.edu with a line of the following
form in the body:

                        send papers Plotkin/filename

For example, to retreive the file domains.dvi, you would say

                        send papers Plotkin/domains.dvi

Capitalization is important.  For more information on the
archive-server, send a message containing only the word "help" in the
body.  If you have any trouble using the archive server, send mail to
archive-manager@theory.lcs.mit.edu.

To retrieve files from the archive via anonymous ftp, connect to
theory.lcs.mit.edu (18.52.0.92) and log in with the username
"anonymous."  When you are asked for a password, type in your email
address.

Index                    This file.

domains.dvi              Gordon Plotkin's course notes on domains,
                             transcribed into TeX by Hidetaka Kondoh
                             and Yugo Kashiwagi.  This file is sized
                             for A4 paper, or larger.

domains-lettersize.dvi   same as domains.dvi, but repositioned to
                             print on US letter size paper.