[Prev][Next][Index]

XTAG meeting on Thursday, June 22nd, 10:30am

Topic:

I am going to talk about the PRO in the gerunds (which are treated as NPs
currently) in the grammar. This is in the context of the discussion we had
last week about removing the occurrences of PRO substitution all over the
grammar. The gerund trees also allow PRO substitution. However, this led
to further speculation about whether NP gerunds should get an NP or a
sentential analysis. I'm going to present what the literature says about
this issue and then discuss their treatment in the context of XTAG.

- Rashmi