[Prev][Next][Index]

XTAG meeting on May 4, 10:30am

Hi,

Topic: Anoop will give a practice talk for his TAG+ presentation. His
abstrcat follows:

Practical Expts in Parsing using TAGs - Anoop Sarkar

We report on some practical experiments in parsing using lexicalized
Tree Adjoining Grammars. We parse 2250 sentences from the Wall Street
Journal using this parser. In these experiments we measure observed
parsing times taken by the parser to produce all valid parses for each
sentence in the form of a shared derivation forest. The results suggest
that the observed complexity of parsing for LTAG is dominated by
factors other than sentence length.

- Rashmi