[Prev][Next][Index]

Meeting, Feb 12th

When: 10:30 am,	Feb 12th
Where: IRCS 402

What: Gann and Anoop will discuss a method for integrating intonation
and information structure into the Lexicalized Tree Adjoining Grammar
(LTAG) formalism.  The method works fully within LTAG and requires no
changes or additions to the basic formalism.  From the existing CCG
analysis, we denote boundary tones as lexical items and pitch accents
as features of lexical items.  We then show how prosodically marked
text can be parsed to produce a derivation with the correct semantics
and the appropriate information structure for the sentence.