Dynamics of technological change,
L. A. Girifalco, NY Van Nostrand, 1991.
(in Towne Library T173.8 .G57 1991)
- Classic examples of discontinuities and diffusions and the math behind them. Out of print.
Mastering the Dynamics of Innovation,
J. M. Utterback, Harvard Business
School Press, 1994.
- Classic examples of dynamics of change in industries
- The Innovator's Dilemma, Clayton Christensen.
- Brilliant analysis of why good companies fail to survive discontinuities
- Crossing the Chasm, Moore.
- The best book on market analsys for high tech start-ups.
Fourth Generation R \& D : Managing Knowledge, Technology, and Innovation
by William L. Miller, Langdon Morris
- Third Generation R & D. Roussel, Saad, and Erickson,
Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA, 1991.
- Good presentation of a portfolio approach to balancing R & D projects
- Managing Strategic Innovation and Change: A Collection of Readings
by Michael Tushman (Editor), Philip Anderson (Editor)
- Oriented towards the orgnizational behavior side of the innovation, but has some nice articles. Parts are a little dated.
- Wharton on Managing Emerging Technologies
edited by George S. Day and Paul J.H. Schoemaker with Robert E. Gunther.
Publisher: New York : Wiley, c2000.
Bass, F., "A new product growth model for consumer durables,"
Management Science 15 (January 1969), 215-227.
- The basic diffusion model Bayus and everyone uses.