Next Generation Network Science
Office of Naval Research: Multi-University Research Initiative
- D. Alderson and J.C. Doyle, Contrasting Views of Complexity and Their Implications for Network-Centric Infrastructures, IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics-Part A: Systems and Humans 40(4): 839-852, July 2010.
- Danger: Infrastructure Under Attack, (Science of Better Podcast with David Alderson).
- M. Brautbar and M. Kearns, Local Algorithms for Finding Interesting Individuals in Large Networks, Innovations in Computer Science (ICS), 2010.
- T. Chakraborty, S. Judd, M. Kearns, A Behavioral Study of Bargaining in Social Networks, ACM EC 2010.
- F. Chung and A. Tsiatas, Finding and visualizing graphs clusters using PageRank optimization, WAW 2010.
- F. Chung and W. Zhao, A sharp PageRank algorithm with applications to edge ranking and graph sparsification, WAW 2010.
- F. Chung, P. Horn, and A. Tsiatas, Distibuting antidote using PageRank vectors, Internet Mathematics, to appear.
- F. Chung, Graph Theory in the information age, Notices of AMS, 57, no. 6, July 2010, 726--732.
- F. Chung, PageRank and random walks on graphs, Proceedings of the "Fete of Combinatorics" conference in honor of Lovasz, to appear.
- S. Hill, A. Banser, G. Berhan, and N. Eagle Reality Mining Africa in Symposium for Artificial Intelligence for Development, AAAI Press: Stanford University. p 45-50, 2010.
- S. Judd, M. Kearns and Y. Vorobeychik, Behavioral Dynamics and Influence in Networked Coloring and Consensus, PNAS, August 2010.
- V.M. Preciado and A. Jadbabaie, From Local Measurements to Network Spectral Properties: Beyond Degree Distributions, IEEE CDC 2010.
- V.M. Preciado and A. Jadbabaie, On Asymptotic Consensus Value in Directed Random Networks, IEEE CDC 2010.
- V.M. Preciado, A. Tahbaz-Salehi and A. Jadbabaie, Variance Analysis of Randomized Consensus in Switching Directed Networks, IEEE ACC 2010.
- V.M. Preciado, M.M. Zavlanos, A. Jadbabaie, and G.J. Pappas, Distributed Control of the Laplacian Spectral Moments of a Network, IEEE ACC 2010.
- J. Vastola, k. Abayomi, and S. Hill, Statistics for Re-identification in Social Networks, Workshop on Information in Networks (WIN), 2010.
- In Search of the Real Network Science: An Interview with David Alderson, ACM Ubiquity Issue 8 (August 4 - 10, 2009).
- T. Chakraborty, M. Kearns, and S. Khanna, Networked Bargaining: Algorithms and Structural Results, ACM EC 2009.
- K. Chaudhuri, F. Chung, and M.S. Jamal, A Network Coloring Game, WINE 2009.
- F. Chung, A local graph partitioning algorithm using heat kernel pagerank, WAW 2009, LNCS 5427, (2009), 62-75.
- F. Chung, P. Horn and L. Lu, The giant component in a random subgraph of a given graph,
WAW2009, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5427, 38--49, 2009.
- F. Chung, PageRank as a discrete Green's function,
Surveys in Differential Geometry, a special issue for Yau's birthday.
- F. Chung, A whirlwind tour of random graphs,
to appear in Encyclopedia on Complex Systems, Springer.
- F. Chung, Four Cheeger-type inequalities for graph partitioning algorithms,
Proceedings of ICCM, to appear.
- F. Chung, A local graph partitioning algorithm using heat kernel pagerank , WAW 2009.
- S. Hill and A. Nagle, Social Network Signatures: A Framework for Re-Identification in Networked Data, (working paper).
- S. Hill, M.F. Faraone, S. Lombardi and M. Gorgoglione, Using Context for Online Customer Re-Identification, (working paper).
- A. Jadbabaie and N. Motee, Optimal Control of spatially distributed systems, IEEE Transactions
on Automatic Control, to appear.
- R. Nayak, M. Kearns, R. Spielman, V. Cheung, Coexpression Network Based on Natural Variation in Human Gene Expression Reveals Gene Interactions and Functions, Genome Science, November 2009.
- V.M. Preciado and A. Jadbabaie, Spectral Analysis of Virus Spreading in Random Geometric Graphs, IEEE CDC 2009.
- V.M. Preciado and A. Jadbabaie, Moment-Based Analysis of Synchronization in Small-World Networks of Oscillators, IEEE CDC 2009.
- V.M. Preciado and A. Jadbabaie, Quadratic Analysis of the Consensus Value in Random Switching Networks, Allerton 2009.
- W. Willinger, D. Alderson and J.C. Doyle, Mathematics and the Internet: A source of enormous confusion and great potential, Notices of the American Mathematical Society, 56(5): 286-299.
- D. Alderson, Catching the ‘Network Science’ Bug: Insight and Opportunity for the Operations Researcher, Operations Research 56: 1047-1065, 2008.
- K. Chaudhuri, F. Chung and M. S. Jamall, A network color game,
WINE 2008, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5385 (2008), 522--530.
- F. Chung and R. L. Graham, Quasi-random graphs with given degree sequences,
Random Structures and Algorithms, 12 (2008), 1--19.
- M. Kearns, S. Judd, J. Tan, and J. Wortman, Behavioral Experiments on Biased Voting in Networks, PNAS, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 1347-1352, 2008.
- R. Andersen, F. Chung and Kevin Lang, Local partitioning for directed graphs using PageRank,
- F. Chung, The heat kernel as the pagerank of a graph,
PNAS, 105 (50), (2007), 19735--19740.
- J.C. Doyle and M. Csete, Rules of engagement, Nature 446 (7138): 860-860, 2007.
- B. Hassibi and S. Shadbakht, ?Normalized entropic vectors, network information theory and convex optimization?, in Proc. of the IEEE Information Theory Workshop, 2007.
- S. Hill, D. Agarwal, R. Bell and C. Volinsky, Building an Effective Representation for
Dynamic Networks, Journal of Computational & Graphical Statistics, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 584-608(25), 2006.
- S. Hill, F. Provost and C. Volinsky, Network-based Marketing: Identifying Likely Adopters
via Consumer Networks, Statistical Science, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 256-276, 2006.
- M. Kearns, S. Suri
and N. Montfort, An Experimental Study of the Coloring Problem on Human Subject Networks, Science 313(5788), pp. 824-827, 2006.
- L. Li, D. Alderson, J.C. Doyle, and W. Willinger, Toward a Theory of Scale-Free Networks:
Definition, Properties, and Implications, Internet Math. 2(4), 2006.
- D. Alderson, L. Li, W. Willinger and J.C. Doyle, Understanding Internet Topology: Principles,
Models, and Validation, IEEE Trans. on Networking., 13(6), 2005.
- J.C. Doyle, D. Alderson, L. Li, S. Low, M. Roughan, S. Shalunov, R. Tanaka, and W.
Willinger, The “robust yet fragile” nature of the Internet, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci.,
- T. Zhou, J.M. Carlson, and J.C. Doyle, Evolutionary Dynamics and Highly Optimized Tolerance, J. Theor. Bio. 236 , 438-447, 2005.
- J.M. Carlson and J.C. Doyle, HOT: Robustness and design in complex systems, Phys. Rev.
Lett. 84, 2529-2532, 2000.
- F. Chung, L. Lu and V. Vu, The spectra of random graphs with given expected degrees,
Internet Math., 1, 257-275, 2004.
- F. Chung and L. Lu, The small world phenomenon in hybrid power law graphs, Complex
Networks, (Eds. Eli Ben-Naim, Hans Frauenfelder and Zoltan Toroczkai), Lecture Notes
in Physics, Vol. 650, Springer-Verlag, 91-106, 2004.
- F. Chung and L. Lu, Coupling on-line and off-line analysis for random power law graphs,
Internet Mathematics, 1, 409-461, 2004.
- A. Jadbabaie, J. Lin, and A. S. Morse, Coordination of groups of mobile autonomous
agents using nearest neighbor rules, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no.
6, pp. 88–1001, 2003.
- S. Kakade, M. Kearns, L. Ortiz, R. Pemantle, and S.
Suri, Economic Properties of Social Networks, Neural Information Processing Systems, 2004.
- M. Kearns, M. Littman and S. Singh, Graphical Models for Game Theory, Uncertainty in
Artificial Intelligence: Proc. of the Seventeenth Conference, pp.253-260, 2001.
- A. Papachristodoulou, L. Li, and J.C. Doyle, Methodological frameworks for large scale
network analysis and design, Computer Communication Review, 2004.