CIT 590/591 Assignment 9: Githug
Fall 2012, David Matuszek
Purposes of this assignment
- Make sure you know something about at least one popular source code control system.
General idea of the assignment
- Work through
Githug, then use git to post a file to a shared repository using the
Fork + Pull collaboration model.
Githug is a Ruby program. Therefore, you need to install Ruby.
There is a specific "package manager" (installer) for Ruby programs, called Gem.
If you need more detailed instructions, see Installing Git .
- Read the pdf (if you haven't already) and go through Githug.
- Githug is installed in Moore 207.
- It would be an excellent to install Git (and possibly Githug) on your own computer.
- Need additional help? Go to Github (and especially Github:Help).
- Create a free github account.
- Once you have reached the final round of Githug, log in to your git account and fork the
- Before 6am Tuesday, November 13, send a pull request to the class repo to have your changes added to the class repo. You should add the following to the course repo:
- Add your name and SEAS username to the existing file called
- Add a screenshot of the Githug message informing you that you
have reached the final round. Save the image, using your SEAS username
as the file name. Complete this by 6am Friday, November 16.
Due dates are as specified above. Assignment submission is via github pull
request, as detailed above.
Late policy: Once submissions have been graded, no further submissions will be accepted.