|CIT 591 Makeup Quiz
Fall 2001, Dave Matuszek
All answers must be kept brief. Points will be taken off for unnecessarily
long or detailed answers.
- Elegance is a combination of what two properties?
- What package would you import in order to:
- Draw pictures on the screen?
- Put Panels and Buttons on the screen?
- Respond to button clicks?
- Use wrappers for primitives?
- Use Vectors?
- It is possible to write an Applet without using any
at all. Briefly, what must you do instead if you don't have
- BlueJ's debugger is itself buggy. Briefly describe one bug
in the debugger.
- What is the type of
- What does the
continue statement do?
- Why shouldn't you use hard tabs?
- Define a (correctly named) setter method for an int variable named
- Very briefly, mention the two ways of fixing a broken constructor chain.
- Where is the one place that it is usually better not to use a meaningful
name for a variable?
- Java uses six namespaces. Name three of them.
- If a variable name is
protected, from where can it be accessed?
- What Java construct (that is, what syntax) must you use in order to do narrowing?
- What is the difference between & and && when applied to boolean
- There is an error in the following method. Fix it.
- Which kind of layout manager will make all components the same size?
- What two kinds of things may be in an interface?
.java files are compiled into
.class files. What
distinguishes the name of a compiled inner class file from that of other class
- The primary purpose for documentation commentsis to define a _______________________
between aclient and a supplier of a service.
- What two things does the HTML
<pre> tag do?
- In one line, declare and define an array
the three strings "Jack", "Queen", and "King".
- State the Open-Closed Principle.
- Every constructor for a FileDialog requires a ____________________ as its
- What are the two approaches to multiprocessing on a single processor computer?
- Draw a pure state machine that tests whether a binary number is even or