CIS 554 Language Presentations
Fall 2016, David Matuszek
Please prepare a short talk on the language you have chosen.
- Your talk should be at least 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutes
- You should emphasize what is unique about the language you have
- Use short examples, if appropriate.
- Provide at least one reference for further information.
- PowerPoint slides (or KeyNote slides) are not required, but are
- Post your slides and send me a link, or send me the slides (preferably
- Handouts for the class are desirable but not required.
If you are on a Mac and have KeyNote but not PowerPoint, please be aware
that I have found KeyNote's exporting to PowerPoint to be seriously flawed.
If you depend on this, please check out your slides carefully on one of the
Here are some other options:
- Bring your laptop and the appropriate adapter, and present
- Save your slides as PDF. This works, but you cannot do any animation
(like presenting bullet points one at a time).
- Save your slides as HTML. This works surprisingly well (animation and
all), but you don't get to use the full screen.
Tuesday, December 6.