PhD Candidate Computer and Information Science Department University of Pennsylvania 575 Levine Hall North 3330 Walnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104-6389 Email: lingding [at] cis.upenn.edu
I am a 2nd-year PhD student in Computer and Information Science Department at University of Pennsylvania, advised by Prof. Zack Ives. My primary research interest is database systems. In particular, I am interested in data integration, query processing and distributed data management systems. I also work with Prof. Boon Thau Loo on provenance for distributed systems. I am a member of the Penn Database Group and NetDB@Penn research group.
- Distance-based Representative Skyline
Yufei Tao, Ling Ding, Xuemin Lin, and Jian Pei.
Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), pages 892-903, 2009.
- Finding the Influence Set through Skylines
Xiaobing Wu, Yufei Tao, Raymond Chi-Wing Wong, Ling Ding, and Jeffrey Xu Yu.
Proceedings of 12th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT), pages 1030-1041, 2009.
- Teaching Assistant, MKSE 150, Market & Social Systems on the Internet, University of Pennsylvania, Spring 2011
- Teaching Assistant, CIS 550, Database and Information Systems, University of Pennsylvania, Fall 2010
- Teaching Assistant, CSC 1530, Computer Principles and Java Programming, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Spring 2009
- Teaching Assistant, CSC 5180, Techniques for Data Mining, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Fall 2008
- Teaching Assistant, CSC 2100B, Data Structures, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Spring 2008
- Teaching Assistant, CSC 1111, Introduction to Computing Using C++, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Fall 2007
Honors and Awards
- Doctoral Fellowship, University of Pennsylvania, 2009 - now
- Postgraduate Scholarship, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2007-2009
- Honeywell Scholarship (awarded to the top 3%), Fudan University, 2005
- Freshmen Scholarship, Fudan University, 2003
- 1st Prize, National Olympiad in Informatics in Provinces, China, 2002
- 2nd Prize, National Olympiad in Mathematics in Provinces, China, 2002
- 2nd Prize, National Olympiad in Physics in Provinces, China, 2002
- Bronze medal, the 18th National Olympiad in Informatics, China, 2001
Last Update: Apr 2011