CIS 640 - Advanced Topics in Computer Systems:
Electronic Commerce Systems
- Current e-commerce payment systems:
- Electronic Cash Research:
- Current e-cash models:
- Vivek Pai, Mohit Aron, Gaurav Banga, Michael Svendsen, Peter Druschel,
Willy Zwaenepoel and Erich Nahum,
Locality-Aware Request Distribution
in Cluster-based Network Servers, Eighth International Conference on
Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems
(ASPLOS VIII), October 1998, (San Jose, CA)
- A. Bestavros, M. E. Crovella, J. Liu, and D. Martin, Distributed
Packet Rewriting and its Application to Scalable Server Architectures,
in Proceedings of the 1998 International Conference on Network Protocols
(ICNP '98) October, 1998.
- Huican Zhu, Ben Smith, and Tao Yang,
Scheduling Optimization for Resource-Intensive Web Requests on Server Clusters,
in the Proceedings of the Eleventh Annual ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA'99)
- H. Zhu, T. Yang, Q. Zheng, D. Watson, O.H. Ibarra and T. Smith,
Load Sharing for Clustered Digital Library Servers, Seventh IEEE
International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing,
Chicago, July 1998.
- P. Barford and M. E. Crovella, A Performance Evaluation of Hyper Text
Transfer Protocols, in Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS '99, pp. 188-197,
Atlanta, Georgia, May 1999.
- Erich M. Nahum, Tsipora Barzilai, and Dilip Kandlur, Performance Issues
in WWW Servers, ACM SIGMETRICS Conference on Measurement and Modeling
of Computer Systems, May, 1999.
- Edith Cohen, Balachander Krishnamurthy and Jennifer Rexford, Improving
End-to-end Performance of the Web Using Server Volumes and Proxy
Filters, SIGCOMM 98.
Modeling Web Applicatoin Design
- Bruce Schneier, Chapter I, "Applied Cryptography", Second edition.
- C. Ellison and B. Schneier, ``Ten Risks of PKI: What You're not
Being Told about Public Key Infrastructure,'' Computer Security
Journal, Vol. XVI, No. 1, 2000.
- H. Berghel,
CACM, Nov 1997, pp. 19-24.
- I.J. Cox, J. Kilian, T. Leighton and T. Shamoon, "A Secure, Robust
Watermark for Multimedia," Workshop on Information Hiding, Newton
Institute, Univ. of Cambridge, May 1996.
- Fabien A. P. Petitcolas, Ross J. Anderson and Markus G. Kuhn. "Attacks
on copyright marking systems".
- M. Greenwald, S.K. Singhal, J.R. Stone, D.R. Cheriton,
Design an Academic Firewall: Policy, Practice, and Experience with SURF,
IEEE Symp. on Network and Distributed System Security,
Feb 22-23, 1996, pp. 79-92.
Denial of Service Attacks
- Colin Harrison, Alper Caglayan (Contributor), Colin G. Harrison, "Agent
- R. Guttman, A. Moukas, and P. Maes. "Agent-mediated Electronic
Commerce: A Survey." To appear, Knowledge Engineering Review, June 1998
- P. Maes, R. Guttman and A. Moukas. "Agents that Buy and
Sell: Transforming Commerce as we Know It." Communications of the ACM,
- R. Guttman and P. Maes. "Cooperative vs. Competitive Multi-Agent
Negotiations in Retail Electronic Commerce." To appear, Proceedings of the
Second International Workshop on Cooperative Information Agents
(CIA'98). Paris, France, July 1998
- A. Moukas, R. Guttman, and P. Maes. "Agent-mediated Electronic
Commerce: An MIT Media Laboratory Perspective." Proceedings of the First
International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC'98), Seoul, Korea,
- G. Zacharia, A. Moukas, R. Guttman, and P. Maes. "An Agent System for
Comparative Shopping at the Point of Sale." J.-Y. Roger et al. (eds.),
Technologies for the Information Society: Developments and Opportunities,
IOS Press, 1998
- A. Chavez, A. Moukas, and P. Maes. "Challenger: A Multiagent System for
Distributed Resource Allocation: A Closed CPU-Time Marke." Proceedings of
the International Conference on Autonomous Agents, Marina Del Ray,
California, ACM Press, February 1997
- A. Chavez and P. Maes. "Kasbah: An Agent Marketplace for Buying and
Selling Goods". Proceedings of the First International Conference on the
Practical Application of Intelligent Agents and Multi-Agent Technology
(PAAM'96). London, UK, April 1996