CIS 542 - Summer 2013
Group Project First Demo
June 10, 2013
During today's lab session, your group will have a 10-minute meeting with members of the instruction staff. You should by this point have most of the back-end ("embedded") functionality completed. That is, you should have a program running on your microcontroller board that can read from the sensors and write data to the display/actuator. Additionally, you should be able to demonstrate that it is possible for a Java application to communicate with your microcontroller over the Internet (presumably via your middleware/server).
During this meeting, be prepared to discuss issues such as:
- how is data read from the sensors?
- how is data written to the display?
- how would another application communicate (e.g. over the Internet) with your program?
- what is the structure of your communication protocols between the different components?
- what sorts of error-handling have you included in your code?
This demo is not graded and there is nothing to submit, but if you have not made sufficient progress by this point, you may struggle to complete the project in time!
Updated: Wed, 22 May 2013, 4:19pm