Postdoc at Penn
[------ The Types Forum ------- http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~types ------]
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH JOB
The University of Pennsylvania
Department of Computer and Information Science
The Logic and Computation Group at Penn seeks applications for a
postdoctoral researcher for work on the application of formal methods
in software engineering. Particular areas of interest include:
1. Theory relevant to SE: especially semantic specification
2. The construction of tools: such as automated reasoning tools and
logic-based systems for testing or other SE activities.
3. The application of tools: such as the use of automated reasoning
tools to prove properties of languages or programs.
4. The development of standards for programming and specification
languages or the formalization of standards.
5. Domain application of formal methods: such as specifying security,
safety, and real-time properties.
The term of the position is 1 year with an option to renew for an
additional year. A starting date before January of 1997 is expected;
candidates should have completed all thesis requirements by that time.
A competitive salary will be offered.
We will also consider applications to support sabbatical leaves at
Penn for researchers in this area.
Please send a complete CV including addresses for at least three
references to one of the following people: