[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Job advert: 3 Lecturer B Positions in Adelaide, Australia

[------ The Types Forum ------- http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~types ------]

The following job advert might be of interest to people on this list.
I'm not completely selfless posting this -- I'll be joining the
faculty of uni SA and am looking for like-minded people. I hope that
with so many new openings we can get a strong group going.

If you want to find out more about the announced positions, I'd be
happy to tell you what I know. But hurry, deadline for applications is
August 16th.

Cheers

   -- Martin Odersky

> From roddick@cis.unisa.edu.au Mon Jul 22 19:14:56 1996
> Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 18:49:27 +1030
> To: it-announce@staff.cs.su.oz.au
> From: roddick@cis.unisa.edu.au (John Roddick)
> Subject: Lecturer Positions at U-SA

                          University of South Australia
                   School of Computer and Information Science

 Lecturer Level B (3 positions)
 Tenurable / 5 year contract
 $43,042-$51,113 per annum

 WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY

 The School is the principal research centre for teaching and research in
 computer science, information science and software engineering at the
 University offering a wide range of awards from Diploma to Doctorate.  The
 School currently has 27 academic staff positions and approximately 600
 eftsu.

 The Advanced Computing Research Centre, based in the School, is the primary
 funded research centre in computing and advanced software development in
 the University. The principal research areas are
   * concurrent and parallel systems,
   * database systems,
   * distributed systems,
   * graphical user interfaces / human computer interaction,
   * intelligent systems,
   * safety critical systems and
   * software engineering.

 We wish to appoint multiple academic Level Bs to augment the growing
 teaching and research capability of the School and the Research Centre.
 The successful applicants will have a doctorate in Computer Science, or
 equivalent accreditation and standing (which may include industrial
 experience), a proven research record in one of the research areas listed
 above and a record of good teaching performance in a tertiary education
 environment.

 Applicants must obtain a position description and lodgement details from Ms
 Rossaine Mason, telephone (+61 8) 302 3201, fax (+61 8) 302 3381. Enquiries
 should be directed to Dr John Roddick, Head : School of Computer &
 Information Science on (+61 8) 302 3463, fax (+61 8) 302 3988 or email
 roddick@cis.unisa.edu.au. Enquiries regarding research activities of the
 School should be directed to Professor George Milne, email
 milne@cis.unisa.edu.au. The School's WWW page can be found at
 http://gaia.levels.unisa.edu.au/www/cis/

 Closing date: 5.00pm Friday, 16 August 1996

 The University reserves the right to invite application, or not to make an
 appointment.

             THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER