[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Complete Programme of META94 - LOPSTR 94 - Compunet Area Meeting

Please find enclosed the programme of the META 94 and LOPSTR 94 workshops
(June 20-21, 1994) and of the Compunet Program Development Area Meeting
(June 22), and the registration and accommodation forms.
We apologize if you receive this more than once.

 |                                                   |
 |                     META 94                       |
 |         Fourth International Workshop on          |
 |           Meta Programming in Logic               |
 |                                                   |
 |                      and                          |
 |                                                   |
 |                   LOPSTR 94                       |
 |         Fourth Workshop on Logic Program          |
 |            Synthesis and Transformation           |
 |                                                   |
 |                  June 20-21                       |
 |                                                   |
 |                                                   |
 |     COMPUNET Program Development Area Meeting     |
 |                                                   |
 |                   June 22                         |
 |                                                   |
 |                                                   |
 |              Palazzo dei Congressi                |
 |                 via Matteotti, 1                  |
 |                  PISA, Italy                      |
 |                                                   |

                   PROGRAMME
                   ^^^^^^^^^

                MONDAY, JUNE 20
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

META & LOPSTR - Joint Session
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
9:00 - 9:30      Opening

9:30 - 10:30     Invited talk
         G. Levi, Universita' di Pisa
         "Abstract Debugging"

10:30 - 11:00    Coffee break

LOPSTR - Session 1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
11:00 - 11:30
         J. Cook and J.P. Gallagher (University of Bristol),
         "A transformation system for definite programs based on
         termination analysis".

11:30 - 12:00
         N. Bensaou and I. Guessarian (LITP, Paris),
         "Transforming constraint logic programs".

12:00 - 12:30
         C. Solnon and M. Rueher(I3S, Sophia Antipolis),
         "Propagation of inter-argument dependencies in tuple-distributive
         type inference  systems".

12:30 - 13:00
         D. Boulanger and M. Bruynooghe (K.U. Leuven),
         "Using call/exit analysis for logic program transformation".

META - Session 1
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
11:00 - 11:40
         F. Van Harmelen (University of Amsterdam),
         "A Model of Costs and Benefits of Meta-Level Computation".

11:40 - 12:20
         J. Barklund, K. Boberg, P. Dell'Acqua (Uppsala University),
         "A Basis for a Multi-Level Meta-Logic Programming Language".

12:20 - 13:00
         M. Mircheva (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences),
         "Logic Programs with Tests".

13:00 - 14:30      Lunch

META & LOPSTR - Joint Session
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
14:30 - 15:10
         B. Dunin Keplicz (University of Warsaw),
         "An Architecture with Multiple Meta-Levels for the
          Development of Correct Programs".

15:10 - 15:50
         A. Bossi, S. Etalle (Universita' di Padova, CWI Amsterdam),
         "More on Unfold/Fold Transformations of Normal Programs:
          Preservation of Fitting's Semantics".

15:50 - 16:20      Coffee break

16:20 - 16:50
         D. Gilbert, C. Hogger and J. Zlatuska (City University of London,
         Imperial College and Masaryk University, Brno),
         "Transforming specifications of observable behaviour into programs".

16:50 - 17:20
         K.-K. Lau and M. Ornaghi (University of Manchester and
         Universita' degli Studi di Milano),
         "On Specification Frameworks and Deductive Synthesis
         of Logic Programs".

17:20 - 17:50
         F. Esposito, D. Malerba, G. Semeraro, C. Brunk and M. Pazzani
         (Universita' degli Studi di Bari and University of California),
         "Avoiding non-termination when learning logical programs:
          A case study with FOIL and FOCL".

17:50 - 18:20
         P. Flener and L. Popelinsky (Bilkent University, Ankara
         and Masaryk University, Brno),
         "On the use of inductive reasoning in program synthesis:
         prejudice and prospects".

                       TUESDAY, JUNE 21
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

META & LOPSTR - Joint Session
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
9:30 - 10:30    Invited talk
         B. Dreben (Harvard Univeristy),
         Title to be announced

10:30 - 11:00   Coffee break

LOPSTR - Session 2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
11:00 - 11:30
         C. Sakama and H. Seki (Research Institute of Kyoto
         and Nagoya Institute of Technology),
         "Partial deduction of disjunctive logic programs:
         a declarative approach".

11:30 - 12:00
         Michael Leuschel (K. U. Leuven),
         "Partial Evaluation of the Real Thing".

12:00 - 12:30
         P. Tarau and V. Dahl (Universite de Moncton and
         Simon Fraser University),
         "Logic Programming and Logic Grammars with
         First-Order Continuations".

12:30 - 13:00
         Sadegh Saidi (Ecole Centrale de Lyon),
         "Transformation of a class of two-levels grammars into
         Prolog programs".

META - Session 2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
11:00 - 11:40
         W. van der Hoek, J-J. Meyer, J. Treur (Utrecht Univ, Free Univ.
         Amsterdam),
         "Formal Semantics of Temporal Epistemic Reflection".

11:40 - 12:20
         J. Treur (Free Univ. Amsterdam),
         "Temporal Semantics of Meta-Level Architectures for
          Dynamic Control".

13:00 - 14:00      Lunch

LOPSTR - Session 3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
14:00 - 14:30
         E. Marakakis and J.P. Gallagher (University of Bristol),
         "Schema-Based Top-Down Design of Logic Programs
         Using Abstract Data Types".

14:30 - 15:00
         Sophie Renault (INRIA, Rocquencourt),
         "Generalizing the extended execution for normal programs".

15:00 - 15:30
         H. Vandecasteele and D. De Schreye (K.U. Leuven),
         "Implementing a finite-domain CLP-language on top of Prolog:
         a transformational approach".

META - Session 3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
14:00 - 14:40
        A. Brogi, S. Contiero (Universita' di Pisa),
        "Godel as a Meta-Language for Composing Logic Programs".

14:40 - 15:20
         P.M. Hill (University of Leeds),
         "Modular Programming and the Non-Ground Representation".

15:30 - 16:00     Coffee Break

LOPSTR - Session 4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
16:00 - 16:30
        Jinsei Yamaguchi (Kanagawa University),
        "Semantically Transforming Logic Programs".

16:30 - 17:00
         David A. Basin (Max-Planck-Institut, Saarbrucken),
         "Logic Frameworks for Logic Programs".

17:00 - 17:30
         G. Wiggins (University of Edinburgh),
         "Whelk Type Theory".

17:30 - 18:00
         L. Fribourg and H. Olsen (LIENS, Paris and Linkoping University),
         "Direct, dual and contrapositive proofs by induction".

META - Session 4
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
16:00 - 16:40
         G. Attardi, M. Simi (Universita' di Pisa),
         "Proofs in context".

16:40 - 17:20
         F. Giunchiglia, A. Cimatti (IRST, Universita' di Trento),
         "Introspective Meta-Theoretic Reasoning".

20:00   SOCIAL DINNER

                    WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        COMPUNET Program Development Area Meeting

9:00 - 9:30
         J.-M Jacquet (U. Namur),
         "Verifying logic programs from metrics semantics".

9:30 - 10:00
         B. Martens, M. Bruynooghe and D. De Schreye (K.U. Leuven),
         "Automatic weight based unfolding with a satisfactory
          treatment of meta-interpreters".

10:00 - 10:30
         J. Komorowski (U. Trondheim),
         "Towards a refinement calculus for logic programs
          and the PAL environment".

10:30 - 11:00   Coffee break

11:00 - 11:30
         J. Maluszynski (U. Linkoping),
         "Using dependency relations for analysis of logic programs".

11:30 - 12:00
         A. Bossi, N. Cocco and S. Etalle (U. Padova, U. Venezia-Ca'
          Foscari, CWI),
         "Preserving termination while transforming programs".

12:00 - 12:30
         D. Boulanger, M. Bruynooghe and M. Denecker (K.U. Leuven),
         "Abstracting s-semantics using a model-theoretic approach".

12:30 - 14:00      Lunch

14:00 - 14:30
         M. Proietti and A. Pettorossi (IASI-CNR, U. Roma),
         "Total correctness of a goal replacement rule based on the
          unfold/fold proof".

14:30 - 15:00
         M. Bruynooghe, M. Codish and A. Mulkers (K.U. Leuven, Ben-Gurion U.),
         "Abstract unification for a composite domain deriving sharing and
          freeness properties".

15:00 - 15:30
         G. Semeraro (U. Bari),
         "Logical and algebraic foundations of machine learning".

15:30 - 16:00
         L. Fribourg and M. Veloso Peixoto (LIENS-CNRS),
         "Bottom-up evaluation of datalog programs with arithmetical
         constraints".

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

REGISTRATION FORM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please return this form and payment before MAY 15th, 1994 to:

D.G.M.P. srl
via Carducci 62/E
56010 Ghezzano (Pisa)
Italy

tel: +39  50  879740 / 879768
fax: +39  50  879812

Surname ______________________________________________________

First Name ___________________________________________________

Organisation _________________________________________________

Mailing address ______________________________________________

Tel _____________________________ Fax ________________________

accompained by _______________________________________________

WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEE (VAT included):  Lit. 250.000

Reduced student fee:                       Lit. 180.000

The registration fee includes: lunches, coffee breaks, social dinner,
workshop pre-proceedings, and final LNCS post-conference proceedings.

ACCOMMODATION
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hotel rate per room per day:

       single              double              double for single
****
       160.000 min         214.000 min         181.000 min
       210.000 max         290.000 max         250.000 max
***
        80.000 min         110.000 min          95.000 min
        90.000 max         130.000 max         110.000 max
**
        68.000              91.000              80.000

- All prices are in Italian Lira.
- The prices are to be considered "bed and breakfast", including
  services and taxes.
- Accommodation forms arriving without the relevant payment will
  not be taken into consideration.
- Payment must be done in Lira, either by eurocheque (specifying
  overleaf the account number), by an international cheque on
  one account with an Italian bank, or by Credit Card.
- Single rooms are limited in number. If necessary, double rooms
  will be assigned for single occupancy at the indicated rates.
- All rooms have a private bath.
- Participants will receive a voucher for hotel reservation and
  registration confirmation.
- The hotel deposit is not refundable.
- Lit. 20.000 will be charged for organization and mailing purposes
  and will be detracted from the required deposit.

Required deposit per room: **** 210.000 / *** 120.000 / ** 80.000

Category required: | |****    | |***    | |**

Room with   | |1 bed     | |2 beds    | |3 beds

Number of rooms: ______

Arrival date _________________  Departure date __________________

Means of travel _________________________________________________

Expected time of arrival ________________________________________

METHOD of PAYMENT

to the order of D.G.M.P. for the amount of Lit. _______________________

as payment of the Hotel deposit and the Workshop registration fee.

B) Credit card

   Print name as it appears on the card __________________________________