How do we physically implement computations?
Broadly, my research interests address this question, including
physical substrates (VLSI, molecular, ...), programmable media
(FPGAs, (multi-) processors, ...), mapping (compilation and CAD),
system abstractions and dynamic management
(run-time systems, OS, scheduling),
and problem capture (programming languages).
- Chair of ACM SIGDA TC-FPGA -- Checkout our new web portal and wiki.
- FCCM20 papers have been identified. See
for list of papers and endorsements.
FPGA20 papers have been identified. See
FPGA20 page for
list of papers and endorsements.
Minimization in the Time-Space Continuum in FPT 2016, December 2015.
Underpinnings of Reconfigurable Computing Architectures in Proc. of the IEEE Special Issue on Reconfigurable Sysems,
- Reconfigurable Computing Architectures in Proc. of the IEEE Special Issue on Reconfigurable Sysems,
Support for Software-Defined Metadata Processing in ASPLOS, March 2015.
of Memory Architecture on FPGA Energy Consumption
in FPGA, February 2015.
Near-Associative Memories on FPGAs in ACM TRETS, January 2015.
- GROK-LAB: Generating Real On-chip Knowledge for Intra-cluster Delays using Timing Extraction
in ACM TRETS, December 2014.
Router Support for Endpoint-Authorized Decentralized Traffic Filtering to
Prevent DoS Attacks. in ICFPT, December 2014.
- Kung Fu Data Energy---Minimizing Communication Energy in FPGA Computations in FCCM, May 2014.
- Energy Reduction through Differential Reliability and Lightweight Checking in FCCM, May 2014.
- GROK-INT: Generating Real On-chip Knowledge for Interconnect Delays Using Timing Extraction in FCCM, May 2014.
- A Verified
Information-Flow Architecture in POPL, January 2014.
- Exploiting Partially Defective LUTs: Why You Don't Need Perfect Fabrication
in ICFPT, December,
2013. (Outstanding Paper Award)
- Low-Fat Pointers: Compact Encoding and Efficient Gate-Level Implementation
of Fat Pointers for Spatial Safety and Capability-based Security
in CCS, November 2013.
Parallel Floating-Point Accumulation. in ARITH, April 2013.
- Hardware Support for Safety Interlocks and
Introspection in SASO
Adaptive Host and Network Security
Workshop, Sept. 14, 2012
Study of Energy & Delay Benefits of Component-Specific Routing in
Spatial Processors Interconnected for Concurrent
Execution for Accelerating the SPICE Circuit Simulator Using an
FPGA in IEEE Tr. on Computer-Aided Desgin of Integrated
Circuits and Systems, January 2012.
- Final Report of
the CRA/CCC Visioning study on Cross
Layer Reliability, March 2011
- Reconfigurable Computing: The Theory and Practice of FPGA-Based Computation, edited book from Elsevier (available from amazon.com)
- For earlier publications, see longer list.
- ESE370: Circuit-Level
Modeling, Design, and Optimization for Digital Systems, (Penn, Fall
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- ESE534: Computer
Organization, (Penn, Spring 2010, 2012,2014)
- ESE250: Digital Audio
Basics, (Penn, Fall 2009, Spring 2013)
- ESE535: Electronic Design
Automation (Penn, Spring 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015)
- see longer list for earlier courses
André DeHon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Electrical and Systems Engineering
University of Pennsylvania
200 S. 33rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104