This publication provides information on the use of the C
programming language for the KeyKOS environment.
The reader is assumed to be familiar with basic KeyKOS concepts,
such as objects and key invocations. In addition, the reader should be
familiar with the C language.
Details for writing and building C objects in the CMS environment are
given in Chapter 3. Similar procedures for writing and building C
objects in a UNIX environment will be documented in an additional
chapter in a later version of this document.
For background information on KeyKOS concepts see the following
Key Logic publications:
The following publications provide documentation on the C language:
- KeyKOS Architecture (KL028)
- KeyKOS Object Reference (KL230)
- KeyKOS PCS Command System Reference (KL071)
The following publications provide documentation on the C compiler
used on the S/370 version of KeyKOS:
- The C Programming Language, Kernighan and Ritchie
- C: A Reference Manual , Harbison and Steele
- Waterloo C VM/CMS User's Guide , WATCOM Products Inc.
- Waterloo C VM/CMS Run-time Library Reference , WATCOM